If you are going to be installing an alarm system to your home, you are going to want to know what the main components of it are. This is going to ensure that you better know how to control the system, which is important for keeping your home and family safe. After all, if you don't know how to solve certain problems or what main components are causing the problem in the first place, then it can be difficult to fix your alarm system and you will have to wait for repairs to be done by professionals. Here are the main components that you should be aware of:
- Control Panel: The control panel is the whole power system for the alarm. This is what connects the components altogether. You want the control panel to be concealed somewhere in your home so that no one can easily have access to it in order to turn it off.
- Security Keypad: The security keypad is what is usually installed near the front door of the home. With a security code, this allows you to stop the alarm from becoming activated whenever you come home. You can have a security keypad that connects to the central monitoring station in a way so that they can talk to you through the keypad, which is helpful in the case of emergency. This allows them to easily be able to authorize who is using the keypad, as well.
- Motion Detectors: You can have a motion detector installed to your alarm system, which detects changes in infrared lighting near your home and triggers the alarm to go off. These only detect things over a certain weight, so you won't have to worry about a small animal triggering it. Just be sure that you have them installed in areas of concern and not near areas where your family members are walking by often.
- Glass-Break Sensors: You can also have glass-break sensors installed on the glass windows and doors of your home so that if they are broken, they will trigger the alarm.
- Door and Window Contacts: You may even consider installing door and window contacts that are magnetic strips attached to the frames. These will be triggered when the doors or windows are opened while you are asleep. You can remove the magnetic strips or deactivate them during the day if desired.
By knowing some of the main components of your alarm system, you can be sure that you are aware of everything that is keeping your home safe and how to control it.